Calling all readers, writers, journalists, and photographers! Are you interested in a leadership opportunity that offers a unique chance to meet authors, enjoy books, and be involved in the community?
We are seeking new members for the next term of our Teen Advisory Board, and we need teens like you!
If you are an enthusiastic and dedicated book lover who can commit to one Saturday evening per month (see below for dates), please apply by February 25th.
We are seeking serious applicants only, ages 13 and older.
To be considered, please write a brief statement of interest, including: 1) what you can contribute to the group, 2) your age, grade level, and school name, and 3) a list of books you have recently read and enjoyed.
Email your statement to Alison Nolen with the subject “Teen Board.”
**We also ask that you please read our Frequently Asked Questions about the Teen Advisory Board.**
- March 4th 2017 @ 5:30 PM: Mandatory Kickoff Meeting
- April 8th 2017 @ 5:30 PM
- May 6th 2017 @ 5:30 PM
- June 3rd 2017 @ 5:30 PM
- July 8th 2017 @ 5:30 PM: (Next term’s dates decided)
- Promotion of author events through social media channels (Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.)
- Feedback on books
- One Saturday meeting per month
- Volunteer participation at one event
- Store discounts
- Special invitations to club-only opportunities
- Meet authors
- Get books prior to publication
- Hang out with other teen book lovers
- Have fun!