Publication Date: May 4, 2021
❗️Many publication dates have moved recently and may not be up to date. ❗️
|Availability:||Usually arrives within 5-10 days Pre-orders ship after the publication date.|
Perfect for readers of Me and White Supremacy and How to Be an Anti-Racist, Bringing Up Race shows parents how to talk about race with their kids and equip them to dismantle systemic racism
Bringing Up Race is an important book, for all families, whatever their race or ethnicity. It's for everyone who wants to instill a sense of open-minded inclusivity in their kids, and those who want to discuss difference instead of shying away from tough questions. Uju Asika draws on often shocking personal stories of prejudice along with opinions of experts, influencers, and fellow parents to give prescriptive advice in this invaluable guide.
Bringing Up Race explores:
- When children start noticing ethnic differences (hint: much earlier than you think)
- What to do if your child says something racist (try not to freak out)
- How to have open, honest, age-appropriate conversations about race
- How children and parents can handle racial bullying
- How to recognize and challenge everyday racism, a.k.a. microaggressions
Bringing Up Race is a call to arms for all parents as our society works to combat white supremacy and dismantle the systemic racism that has existed for hundreds of years.
No reviews yet. Be the first to write a review.