|Availability:||Usually ships within 7-10 days Pre-orders ship after the publication date.|
Ages 5 to 8, Grades K to 3
Butterflies Belong Here is a powerful story of everyday activism and hope.
In this moving story of community conservation, a girl finds a home in a new place and a way to help other small travelers.
This book is about the real change children can make in conservation and advocacy—in this case, focusing on beautiful monarch butterflies.
• From Deborah Hopkinson and Meilo So, the acclaimed team behind Follow the Moon Home
• An empowering, classroom-ready read
• The protagonist is a girl whose family has recently immigrated to the United States.
I know what to look for: large black-and-orange wings with a border of small white specks, flitting from flower to flower, sipping nectar. But though I looked hard, I couldn't find even one. I wondered if monarch butterflies belonged here. I wondered if I did, too.
Butterflies Belong Here is proof that even the smallest of us are capable of amazing transformations.
• Equal parts educational and heartwarming, this makes a great gift for parents and grandparents, as well as librarians, science teachers, and educators.
• Those interested in beautiful butterflies and everyday activism will find this lovely book both motivating and inspiring.
• Perfect for children ages 5 to 8 years old
• Add it to the shelf with books like Thank You, Earth: A Love Letter to Our Planet by April Pulley Sayre, The Honeybee by Kirsten Hall, and Greta and the Giants: Inspired by Greta Thunberg's Stand to Save the World by Zoë Tucker
No reviews yet. Be the first to write a review.