Publication Date: March 10, 2020
❗️Many publication dates have moved recently and may not be up to date. ❗️
|Availability:||On our shelves now|
This book chronicles the history of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League and the stories of the first women to play professional baseball in a league of their own.
"In 1941, the world was at war, and with American men fighting overseas, the much needed pastime of professional baseball was in danger of extinction—until women stepped up to the plate."
In this heartwarming illustrated history, the League's story is told by the ones who know it best: the players. Author Anika Orrock collects a variety of funny, charming, wince-worthy, and powerful vignettes told by the players themselves about their time playing the American pastime.
• Features stories of grit and perseverance against all odds, told by the players themselves
• Filled with player statistics, historical beats, headlines, and more; and fully illustrated in Anika's vibrant style
• A visually engaging, readable women-led history book
Written in an approachable manner and beautifully illustrated, The Incredible Women of the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League is a one-of-a-kind story told through the women's own voices and their own perspectives.
This book ultimately proves that the incredible women of the AAGPBL truly were in a league of their own.
• A unique celebration of a specific moment in women's and sports history
• A great read for experienced and new sports fans alike, readers young and old, baseball fans, and anyone looking for an inspiring gift for an aspiring professional sports player
• Perfect on the shelf with books like Women in Science: 50 Fearless Pioneers Who Changed the World by Rachel Ignotofsky, Strong is the New Pretty by Kate T. Parker, and Rad American Women A-Z: Rebels, Trailblazers, and Visionaries who Shaped Our History . . . and Our Future! by Kate Schatz
No reviews yet. Be the first to write a review.