Publication Date: February 19, 2019
❗️Many publication dates have moved recently and may not be up to date. ❗️
|Availability:||On our shelves now|
Ages 9 to 11
By an eating disorder survivor, an inclusive nonfiction book for middle-grade readers about recovering from eating disorders and dealing with body image issues.
This nonfiction self-help book for young readers with disordered eating and body image problems delivers real talk about eating disorders and body image, tools and information for recovery, and suggestions for dealing with the media messages that contribute so much to disordered eating.
You Are Enough answers questions like:
• What are eating disorders?
• What types of treatment are available for eating disorders?
• What is anxiety?
• How can you relax?
• What is cognitive reframing?
• Why are measurements like BMI flawed and arbitrary?
• What is imposter syndrome?
• How do our role models affect us?
. . . just to name a few.
Many eating disorder books are written in a way that leaves many people out of the eating disorder conversation, and this book is written with a special eye to inclusivity.
No reviews yet. Be the first to write a review.