Publication Date: July 25, 2023
❗️Many publication dates have moved recently and may not be up to date. ❗️
|Availability:||On our shelves now|
Ages 8 to 12
This beautifully illustrated, highly accessible book traces the journey of humanity from prehistory to the silicon age. How did our extraordinary species rise from being simple apes, to becoming the planet's dominant species? Young readers will be fascinated to discover:
• How speech first emerged
• How cooking helped our large brains to develop
• Why we stopped hunting, and became farmers
• How dogs and livestock came to live alongside us
• The origins of money
• The invention of the written word
• The rise of cities
• The rise of the nation
• The industrial revolution
• How modern technology has reshaped the planet in humans' image
Featuring fun fact boxes, an illustrated timeline and a glossary of key terms, The Story of Humans is presented in a clear, easy-to-understand way while maintaining rigorous scientific accuracy. A perfect gift for children aged 8+.
ABOUT THE SERIES: The Story of Everything is a beautifully illustrated series for young readers which tells the story of life as we know it, from the big bang to evolution and the history of human development.
No reviews yet. Be the first to write a review.