Publication Date: April 7, 2020
|On our shelves now
Ages 6 to 9, Grades 1 to 4
"Fans will be begging for more." - Horn Book Magazine
"The charm is infectious."-- New York Times
From Newbery-award winning author Patricia MacLachlan comes the second book in the delightful Barkus series.
Now in paperback! The lovable Barkus and his lucky young owner romp through the pages of this delightful series from Newbery Medal–winning author Patricia MacLachlan. The simple text told in short chapters is just right for children ready to take their first steps toward reading on their own.
• The adventures of Barkus are perfect for early readers expanding their reading skills as well as children still enjoying picture books.
• Ideal for children learning about friendship
• For young readers who love dogs and other pets
Fans of Henry and Mudge, Biscuit, Amelia Bedelia and The Poet's Dog will love Patricia MacLachlan's Barkus books.
• For early readers ages 6–9
• Great early/pre-chapter book for grades 2–5
• Dog books for early readers
Patricia MacLachlan is a versatile and prolific author whose titles range from picture books to novels, including the Newbery Medal–winning Sarah, Plain and Tall. Barkus was inspired by the imagined adventures of her neighbor's dog. She lives in Massachusetts.
Marc Boutavant is an internationally acclaimed illustrator. His work has been featured in the New York Times and the New Yorker as well as numerous children's books, including Around the World with Mouk and For Just One Day. He lives in Paris, France.
No reviews yet. Be the first to write a review.