Publication Date: November 14, 2023
❗️Many publication dates have moved recently and may not be up to date. ❗️
|Availability:||Usually arrives within 5-10 days Pre-orders ship after the publication date.|
Ages 9 to 12, Grades 4 to 7
Take to the skies and meet the world's most amazing birds. Navigate your way across the continents using colour-coded maps and discover birds of prey, birds of paradise, aquatic birds and more. Kids can open full-page gatefolds and lift smaller flaps to reveal surprises and fascinating glimpses into the lives of our feathered friends. Stretch your wings for an epic journey around the globe and discover the many incredible birds that share our planet. Use the handy maps and diagrams to understand more about each bird's natural habitat and track impressive migration routes for those that travel extraordinary distances. Learn about their spectacular courtship displays, mind-blowing nest-building techniques and the environmental changes that threaten their way of life. This is the ultimate book for children - and grown ups - who are wild about wildlife.Inside Bird Atlas:
- Packed with original artwork, beautiful illustrations and stunning photography that make this vibrant and engaging book a must-read for kids aged 8+
- Detailed and insightful maps and diagrams that guide readers from continent to continent, showing them where the birds live and how they spend their lives
- Fun lift-the-flap and actual-size elements to entertain curious minds
- Features popular and lesser-known birds including eagles, falcons, ostriches, penguins, hummingbirds, birds of paradise, seabirds, garden birds, flightless birds, aquatic birds and many more
- Covers regions: North America, South America, Europe, Africa, Asia, Oceania, Arctic & AntarcticBird Atlas is the latest book in Lonely Planet Kids' novelty atlas series following on from Dinosaur Atlas, Bug Atlas and Ocean Animal Atlas. Written by Camilla de la Bedovere and illustrated by Josy Bloggs, this is the perfect book for wildlife enthusiasts and fans of the series who have been anticipating this unmissable release.
About Lonely Planet Kids: Lonely Planet Kids – an imprint of the world's leading travel authority Lonely Planet – published its first book in 2011. Over the past 50 years, Lonely Planet has grown a dedicated global community of travelers, many of whom are now sharing a passion for exploration with their children. Lonely Planet Kids educates and encourages young readers at home and in school to learn about the world with engaging books on culture, sociology, geography, nature, history, space and more. We want to inspire the next generation of global citizens and help kids and their parents to approach life in a way that makes every day an adventure. Come explore!
No reviews yet. Be the first to write a review.