|On our shelves now
Ages 3 to 5, Grades P to K
If you visited the desert, what would you see?
In this fun pre-reader, young readers will learn about deserts around the world and the animals that live in these dry places, from camels and fennec foxes to desert lizards and tortoises.
Key features include:
- Expert-vetted text appropriate for ages 2 to 5 and up to a kindergarten grade level
- Brilliant and eye-catching National Geographic images
- A vocabulary tree and wrap-up activity that introduces kids to new words and concepts
Perfect for beginning and young readers, National Geographic Pre-readers give kids a chance to use what they’ve learned, while expanding their understanding of the world.
About the series: This high-interest, educationally vetted readers series features magnificent National Geographic images accompanied by text written by experienced, skilled children’s book authors. Each reader includes a glossary and interactive features in which kids get to use what they’ve learned in the book. Level 1 books reinforce the content of the book with a kinesthetic learning activity. Level 2 readers feature slightly higher-level text and additional vocabulary words. Level 3 readers have more layers of information to challenge more proficient readers. For emerging readers, the Pre-reader level introduces vocabulary and concepts, and the Co-reader level provides a collaborative reading experience.
Praise for National Geographic Readers:
“Reliable in format and solid in execution, this series works well to introduce children of varying levels of reading comfort to nonfiction and research formats.”
—Maggie Reagan, Booklist
Complete your collection with these popular National Geographic Pre-readers:
- National Geographic Readers: Swing, Sloth! Explore the Rain Forest
- National Geographic Readers: At the Beach
- National Geographic Readers: Animal Homes
- National Geographic Readers: Hop, Bunny! Explore the Forest